There is only two things I’m certain of about the emo community: their love and compassion towards Hot Topic’s semi-annual sale and Jack Skellington. In preparation for Halloween, I thought I should watch The Nightmare before Christmas for the first time.
- Jack might be the pumpkin king, but we all know Tim Burton is the emo king.
- Maybe it’s just me, but every stop motion movie I’ve ever watched has creeped me out.
- Insert unnecessary music number.
- I’m totally lost.
- Is this a musical? **Googles** This is going to be a long hour and a half.
- Jack is a glorified party planner.
- Currently at the 16-minute mark, and I still don’t know what the plot is.
- You’ve got a whole year before Halloween rolls around again – chill out, bro.
- I know how to explain Christmas to everybody. Another song!
- Why do they need to kidnap Santa?
- Jack is kind of a dick.
- Don’t worry, he’s not dead. He’s the main character.
- Is this a Christmas or Halloween movie?
- Why is everyone white in Tim Burton movies?
Sorry this week’s post was so short.. Nightmare wasn’t really my cup of tea, although I do respect the time and effort Tim Burton and his team took to make it. Where it lost me was in its plot or even the lack of plot itself. Also, I’m not a huge fan of musicals. (Especially ones that don’t feature Meryl Streep.) Don’t worry, I will make it up to you next week!