In the past few years, music has become a key player in my daily routine. My playlist is always evolving based on new discoveries and my mood. I enjoy just about anything but country. Not sure why, but I feel like most country music is either about breakups, trucks, or patriotism.
Though I was raised on hard rock from the 80s, I find myself enjoying rock that’s softer from the late 60s and 70s. My staples are Fleetwood Mac/ Stevie Nicks, The Who, Eagles, Chicago, The Clash, Queen, and a dash of David Bowie. I’m really open to anything in the genre of rock, but I completely stay away from heavy metal and punk in general.
- Go All The Way- The Raspberries
- Songbird- Fleetwood Mac
- Desperado- Eagles
- Evil Women- Electric Light Orchestra
- Gateway- Earth, Wind & Fire
- Since You Been Gone- Rainbow
- Ohio- Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
- Fox On The Run- Sweet
- Mr. Brightside- The Killers
With the age of the internet, the popularity of non-English music has grown. I’m kind of a Koreaboo when it comes to K-Pop. Some of my favorite groups are Seventeen, Red Velvet, BTS, and BLACK PINK. Through random Spotify accounts and other sources of media, I discover new music all the time.
- Siempre Brillarás Acustico- TINI/ Martina Stoessel
- My First and Last- NCT Dream
- Le temps de l’amour- Francoise Hardy
- Chantaje- Shakira
- BANG BANG BANG- BIGBANG
- Da Da Da- Trio
- Friends Forever- Puffy AmiYumi
- Devil- Super Junior
I can’t sleep without sound playing in the background. Typically, I stream a Spotify playlist called Sleep and play it at a low volume. For when I don’t have the internet, I have a few songs saved on my phone that I can play on a loop.
- Light of the Seven- Ramin Djawadi
- Late October- Harold Budd
- Sugarcane- Ana Olgica
- Lizard Point- Brian Eno
- Don’t Go Where I Can’t Find You- Eraldo Bernocchi
While growing up in the 2000s, I’ve ingested a lot of pop music in my day. Lucky for me, I’ve grown up a bit and gotten a little better taste, but I still know I listen to trash. Go ahead and judge me, but I know every Britney Spears, Spice Girls, and ABBA song by heart. More modern stuff I listen to are Ellie Goulding, Sia, Lady Gaga, X Ambassadors, and DNCE.
- Hold Me Now- Eden xo
- Wonderwall- Oasis
- Tell Me- Johnny Jewel
- Born to Die- Lana Del Rey
- Hot Child In The City- Nick Gilder
- Hypnotic- Zella Day
- Church On Sunday- Grace
- Electric Love- BORNS