Though it’s getting warmer outside, that doesn’t mean you can’t still make your favorite comfort food.
- 1 1/2 pounds Ground Beef
- 1 can Kidney Beans
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can of tomato paste
- 1/2 Packet Chili Seasoning
- 1/4 cup Onions, diced
- 1 cup Water
- 1 box Cornbread Mix + whatever it calls for
- Begin by cooking up your ground beef on a medium heat in a skillet. Once that is cooked, drain any grease.
- In a separate pot, combine the diced tomatoes, beans, onions, seasoning, and water. While cooking the beef, let this simmer on a low heat.
- Once the beef is cooked, add it into the chili pot. Stir this and allow it to set on a medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
- According to the box mix, make up the cornbread batter. When I made this, I added extra liquid (about 1/3 cup of water or milk) to thin out the batter more. In a greased preheated waffle iron, pour in the batter. Personally, my waffle maker has a timer on it, but if you don’t have one, just check every two minutes.
- Remove the chili from the heat, and serve with the cornbread