Mexican food comes in many forms, but tacos seem to be the granddaddy of all them. You don’t need a fork to eat them, and they are relatively easy to make. These steak tacos might become my go-to recipe for taco Tuesday.
- 1 1/2 pounds of Flank or Flat style Steak (almost any cut of beef will work)
- 3 Limes
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Orange
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 cup Cilantro
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 10 corn or flour tortillas
- other toppings
- Juice the lemon, limes, and orange into a bowl. Then chop up the oregano and cilantro. Add the juice and herbs in a large ziplock bag.
- Now combine the salt, pepper, cumin, garlic, and olive oil to the bag. Zip up the ziplock bag, and shake it up to combine the ingredients. From there add in the steak, and allow this to marinade overnight.
- The next evening or at least 12 hours later, fire up the grill. Cook the steak to your preference of being done, and allow it to rest for 7 minutes.
- Be careful cutting the meat into 1/2 inch strips because it’s still going to be hot. Serve on tortillas and add any other toppings such as lettuce, sour cream, pico de gallo, ex.