For every food day, potluck, and holiday, you need to have a signature dish to bring. This might be more of a cold weather meal, but you can’t go wrong with mac and cheese (unless you’re lactose intolerant). I came up with this recipe late one night when I had to bring lunch for my whole class and ended up just combining a few things I had in my pantry. I like to think this is just a basic mac & cheese recipe because you can build off of it. You can switch up the cheeses or maybe try adding in other seasonings.
- 32 oz block Queso Blanco Cheese (Velveeta)
- 2 lbs Macaroni Noodles (two boxes)
- 1 cup Colby-Jack Cheese, Shredded
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 teaspoons Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Bring a big pot of water to a boil, and cook the noodles according to the package. Drain the water and set to the side.
- In a crockpot, add in the queso blanco, colby-jack, milk, pepper, and salt. Allow this to cook on a low heat for two hours.
- After two hours, stir in the noodles and let this cook for two more hours.
- If it’s too thick, add in an extra ¼ cup of milk. If it’s too thin, add in ¼ cup of colby-jack cheese.