This might be the best sandwich I’ve ever eaten. I’m not even joking. While coming up with recipes for this month, I thought to myself what would be my ultimate sandwich. Of course, it had to have bacon on it, and from there I thought chicken would complement the pork the best. Everything else just fell into place.
- 1 pound (About 4 breasts) Chicken Breast
- 1 16 oz bottle Italian Dressing
- 12 strips Bacon
- 2 large ripe Tomatoes
- 12 slices Sourdough
- 12 slices Mozzarella Cheese
- ⅓ cup Pesto
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- In a ziplock bag, allow the chicken to marinate overnight in the whole bottle of Italian dressing.
- After at least 8 hours of marinating, take out the chicken and cook it on the grill or in the oven. Once it’s cooked through, cut it into small pieces. At the same time cook the bacon until it’s crisp.
- If you have a panini maker, plug it in at this time so it can preheat, or bring a frying pan to a medium heat.
- Slice the tomatoes into the desired thickness. Personally, I like to slice my tomatoes very thin.
- You can assemble this however you want, but this worked best for me. I used a cooking brush to coat one side of the slices of sourdough bread with olive oil. Then I flipped one slice over and spread on some pesto. On top of that, I put a layer of chicken and the first slice of mozzarella. Next, I put two pieces of bacon on each sandwich and the second slice of cheese. Finally, I added some tomatoes and put on another slice of bread that was oil side up.
- Transport the sandwich into either the pan or panini maker, and cook it until golden brown.