Brunch is amazing. It’s true. You get the best of lunch and breakfast. Today, I’m going to combine one of two favorite ingredients into a buttery scone.
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup White Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, cold & cut into small cubes
- 2 ripe Bananas, mashed
- 4 tablespoons Milk
- 1/2 cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Walnuts
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Water
Peanut Butter Glaze
- 3 tablespoons Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon All Spice
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add butter to flour mixture, and with your hands work the butter into the dry ingredients until crumbs form.
- In a large bowl, whisk the mashed bananas, milk, and greek yogurt. Add the flour bowl into this, and stir until combined. Then stir in the walnuts until fully incorporated.
- Add the extra 1 cup of flour onto either a countertop or a cutting board. This is going to coat the surface to prevent sticking in the next step.
- Transfer the dough onto the floured surface and shape it into a flat 8-inch circle. To make these as flaky as possible, we need to make sure the butter is very cold. Put the 8-inch round into a plate in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- While that’s cooling down, make the egg wash by whisking together the egg and water.
- After the time is up, cut the dough into 8 pieces. Put the scones onto the lined sheets. Brush on the egg wash.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until golden on top. Let them cool for an hour on a wire rack.
- Finish them off with a peanut butter glaze. In a small bowl combine the peanut butter, powdered sugar, milk, vanilla, and brown sugar. Drizzle this on top of the scones, or transfer it into a piping bag for a more uniform look.