Just like the rest of the world, I like pizza. I’ve been wanting to make a pie for some time, and because it’s perfect grilling weather I wanted to make a grilled pizza. I wanted to make this really simple so that you could add to it at home with your favorite toppings. Since I never made a homemade pizza before, I’ll be using Mario Batali’s recipe from Buzzfeed.
- 1¼ cups Warm water
- 1/2 ¼-ounce Packet Active Dry Yeast
- ¾ teaspoons Sugar
- 1 ¾ cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoons Salt
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Crushed Tomatoes
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Ground Oregano
- 1 1/4 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 6 Fresh Basil Leaves, minced
- In a small bowl, take your warm water, yeast, and sugar and mix them together. Let the yeast activate for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients of flour and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the flour, and add the yeast mixture and olive oil. Using your hands, combine the ingredients until the dough comes together.
- Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface, and knead it for 5 minutes. It should be smooth.
- Take your large bowl form earlier, and spray it down with cooking spray. Put the dough back in and cover it. In a warm area, let this rise for an hour and a half.
- Now that it has doubled in size, punch out the air. Divide the dough in half, and form two balls of it. Set them to a side for 15 minutes.
- Either with a food processor or a blender, liquify the crushed tomatoes, garlic, pepper, salt, and oregano.
- At this time make sure your grill is clean, and heat it to 400 degrees.
- Roll out the dough into 10-inch circles, and spray it with cooking spray. One at a time, carefully place the dough onto the grill. Grill each side for four minutes.
- Add the pizza sauce, cubed mozzarella, and basil leaves. Then put it back on the grill for 4 minutes to melt the cheese.