Between me and my three best friends, we have a little inside joke which revolves around a bacon shake. The story is that one time at Color Guard camp I ordered a bacon shake from Sonic. Everyone was weirded out by it, but it was delicious. They don’t have bacon shakes anymore, but I wanted to recreate at home.
- 1/2 lb. Bacon
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1-pint Heavy cream
- 1 14 oz. can Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 cups Milk
- To start this shake, we need to make some candied bacon. Preheat the oven to 400 F. On a tin foil lined baking sheet, lay out your bacon. Sprinkle on the brown sugar onto the bacon. Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes or until the bacon is caramelized. Let the bacon cool for an hour.
- In a mixer or large bowl, whip the cream until strong peaks form. Whisk in the condensed milk, vanilla, and maple syrup. Then fold in the sea salt and bacon.
- Pour this into a baking dish, and allow to freeze for at least 6 hours.
- After this, measure out about 4 cups of ice cream. Put this into a blender with milk, and pulse until it’s combined.