When I ask people why they don’t cook, they usually say something like it’s too hard or requires too much equipment. This is one of my mom’s favorite desserts, and it doesn’t need a mixer or even a bowl. What I like about this recipe is that it’s customizable to whatever fruit you want to use, but for this example I’ll be using apple.
- 2 cans Apple Pie Filling
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter / 1 Stick
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare your dish by spraying down a 9×13 pan with cooking spray.
- Open your cans of pie filling, and dump them into the pan. You don’t want to drain any of the juices because that’s what will make the cake on the top rise. Make sure the fruit is evenly spread out.
- Sprinkle on the yellow cake mix, and on top of that add the brown sugar. Again, on this step, remember to spread it out.
- Cut the stick of butter into ½ inch slices. Then layer them on top of the brown sugar.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until it’s golden brown.