There is nothing more I miss when I’m at college than weekend breakfasts with my family and my dog Skip. This recipe is quite simple compared to regular french toast because you just have to pour it into a pan. Plus, you don’t have to waste your morning watching and flipping individual slices of toast.
- 1 French Loaf
- 8 eggs
- 1 ½ cup Milk
- ½ cup Half & Half
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoons Cinnamon, ground
- ½ cup Flour
- ⅔ Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- Cube the bread into 1-inch pieces and place into a greased 9×13 pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients that you need for the toast, which are the eggs, milk, half & half, brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Pour this over the bread so it can soak overnight. Cover it and put it in the fridge for at least six hours.
- The next day, mix all the dry ingredients for the topping together. Then cut the butter into the topping with your hands until it crumbles.
- Sprinkle this over the top of the bread and bake for 50 minutes.