The dog days of summer have ended, and the weather has officially declared it to be fall. I couldn’t be happier to trade in my shorts and t-shirts for jeans and flannel. As simple as this recipe is, it will leave your guests impressed with your baking skills.
- 1 can Pumpkin
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (17.3-oz.) Package Frozen Puff Pastry (2 sheets), thawed but cold
- 1 Egg
- 2 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Powder Sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Unwrap and roll out a sheet of puff pastry onto a floured surface. Spread out half of the pumpkin mixture onto the pastry. Make sure to leave an inch border around the edges.
- Roll up the pastry into a log starting from the longest end. Down the center, carefully cut the log halfway. Twist the two halves together, and pinch the ends close. Repeat steps 3 & 4 with the second sheet of puff pastry and the remaining pumpkin mixture.
- In another small bowl, whisk together the egg. Brush this on top of the two twists, and finish it off by sprinkling some sugar on top.
- Bake this for 20 to 25 minutes or until the outside is golden brown.
- While this is baking, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
- After the logs have cooled for five minutes, drizzle the icing on top.