I didn’t want to call this recipe a rice crispy treat because we are using cinnamon square cereal. I had something similar a few weeks back and wanted to see if I could make it at home. It’s one of those recipes where you don’t have to measure things out for say; you just have to eyeball what you are putting in..
- 6 Cups Cinnamon Squares
- 4 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 5 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- ½ Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- In a large pot meltdown the butter on a low heat. With a nonstick spoon or spatula, stir in the marshmallows. Continue to stir this until it’s smooth. Then add the peanut butter and cinnamon.
- Now that everything is combined, carefully fold in the cinnamon squares. Don’t be too rough on them so the cereal doesn’t break.
- In a 9×13 pan, spray down the edges with nonstick spray. Pour in the gooey mixture, and pat down the cereal to compact it.
- Allow them to cool down and sit for at least five hours.