If I didn’t put off writing and studying for finals off to last minute, I would have made homemade bread for this. For the sake of my sanity, I just used a store-bought loaf of bread. But if you want to go the extra mile and bake your own bread, go ahead and try this easy french loaf recipe from genius kitchen. (http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/crusty-french-bread-101476) I promise if you take this for a holiday meal, you will be the MVP of that night.
- One loaf of bread, not pre-sliced
- 8 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Dry Ranch Seasoning Packet
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Parsley, Chopped
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Line a baking sheet with tin foil for easy cleanup.
- Meltdown the butter in the microwave or on the stove top. Stir in the garlic, ranch seasoning, salt, and parsley.
- With a sharp knife, cut the bread into 1-inch diagonal strips. Don’t go all the way down as you don’t want to make bread slices. Then turn the loaf 90* and repeat to create a grid into the bread.
- Using a rubber cooking brush, brush on half of the seasoned butter into the cuts you have made. Then stuff the loaf with mozzarella cheese.
- To finish it off, brush on the remaining of the butter. Place it on the baking sheet, and completely cover the bread with another layer of tin foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove the top tin foil and continue to bake for 5 minutes.