During the holiday season, there is nothing I like more than having a large slice of pecan pie. I get it if you want to use your own crust recipe, but just to make my life a little easier I used a frozen crust.
- 1 Pre-Made Frozen Pie Crust
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Light Corn Syrup
- ½ cup Butter
- 3 large Eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup Bourbon
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Lay out the pie crust on the freezer.
- In a saucepan, melt down the stick of butter. Then combine sugar and corn syrup. Constantly stirring, mix the sugar and corn syrup into the butter until the sugar completely dissolves. Remove from heat and add in the chocolate chips.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, bourbon, vanilla, and salt. Pour the cooled sugar mixture into the bowl. Whisk this constantly so the egg doesn’t cook. Then stir in the pecans.
- Pour mixture into pie crust. Bake for 50 minutes.