Living in the Midwest, the winter fluctuates day to day between below freezing and feeling like a nice spring day. Still, it’s a good time to curl up with comfort food and a good movie. If you read last week’s post about me talking about my all-time favorite films, you are already set for the movie part. I cooked up a soup that’s even impressed my mom and helped me get rid of all the leftover chicken in the fridge.
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 cups Shredded Chicken
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons Garlic, minced
- 2 Carrots, minced
- 2 Stalks Celery, minced
- ¼ Onion, minced
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt down the butter.
- Once this happens, add the shredded chicken and coat it using tongs.
- Now that the chicken is warming up, add in the garlic, carrots, celery, onion, and cream cheese. Let them melt down and blend together.
- Since the base of the soup is done, it’s time to add in the liquid. Pour in the chicken broth and heavy cream. Allow this to sit and reach a boil. Once this happens reduce the heat to low. Let this simmer for 4 minutes.