I applaud everyone who is trying to eat healthier in the new year. With that, I recommend trying out a different recipe because this isn’t even close to healthy.
I was heading to work Monday, and I remember that everyone was out watching a presentation. This meant I had about 25 minutes to kill before I had to be back. My school’s student union got a new Starbucks this semester, so I went to buy myself a hot chocolate. That’s where I saw the thickest piece of banana bread in my life. I knew after that moment that I had to make some banana bread that weekend. I’m not going to lie; I’m probably going to sneak this into the movie theater tonight.
By far, I’m a better baker than my mom. Don’t worry, she will admit it too. Growing up whenever my mom would try to make banana bread, it would always come out raw in the middle. Even though she is trying to be healthy right now, I dedicate this banana bread to my mother.
- 1 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup soft margarine or butter
- 3 eggs
- 6 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1-1/2 cups ripe bananas, about 4-5 small
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350*. Spray down a loaf pan with cooking spray or butter.
- Start by mashing the banana into a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat together the sugar and butter. Then add in the eggs and continue to beat. After that, stir in the bananas, buttermilk, and vanilla extract.
- After this, mix the flour 1/2 cup at a time until incorporated. Finally, combine in the baking soda and cinnamon.
- Pour this into the loaf pan and bake for an hour. Once this is done, test the middle with a toothpick to check if it’s cooked.