I’ve been in a baking mood recently, but I only have access to a kitchen on the weekends. Also, when I’m home I sleep in and skip breakfast most Saturdays. Last weekend, I tried to clear out the pantry and fridge and cook using ingredients I already had on hand. Friday night I made these for breakfast for the weekend so that they were ready for me whenever I decided to get up. Original, I planned on making these into muffins, but we only have some mini bread pans on hand.
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ cup unsalted Butter, melted
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Plain Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Poppy Seeds
- Preheat oven to 350* F. Grease down a three mini bread pans with cooking spray.
- Start by mixing the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the melted butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, lemon zest, lemon juice, and yogurt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Make sure to not over mix in this step.
- Then carefully fold in the poppy seeds until incorporated.
- Evenly pour the batter into the three bread pans, and bake for 30 minutes.