I have a love-hate relationship with french toast. Sometimes it comes out too eggy, and other times it’s too dry. This recipe is amazing because it finds a good medium between the two. The flour added to the batter gives it a nice crust on the outside as well. Ingredients
- 4 large Eggs
- 2/3 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 8 slices Texas toast bread
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir well to combine.
- Now add in the remaining ingredients: eggs, milk, and vanilla. Whisk until incorporated and the eggs are beaten.
- Either with a frying pan or on an electric flat top griddle on medium heat, add the butter to the surface so it can melt.
- Dunk the bread into the mixture on both sides, then place them down on the hot surface.
- Allow them to cook for about 2 – 3 minutes on each side or until slightly browned and cooked.