I LOVE FRIED RICE! This week I attempted to make some at home for the first time. In theory, this should’ve been easy. But also in theory, a lot of things should be easy. I made a lot of this just to keep on hand for this week. I placed the rice into a smaller container so I can just reheat it in my dorm for an easy lunch.
- 2 1/2 cups Rice
- 1 pound Chicken Breasts
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 bag Frozen Peas and Carrots, thaws
- 1 Small Onion, small dice
- 2 Eggs, whisked
- 2 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- To start, prepare the rice by following the instructions according to its package. For this recipe, I like to use brown rice that already measures out for me by cup.
- Now cook up about 1 lb of chicken breast, then dice them up.
- In a large skillet, melt down the butter with the garlic. Once that happens, fry the peas, carrots, and green onion in the butter. Then crack in the eggs and scramble it.
- Combine in the rice, chicken, and sesame oil. Cover the skillet with a lid, and let the flavors come together for five minutes on low.